bootable memory stick?

Howdy all.....:-)

Looking for any information on prefered method for installing XP and/or Vista *to* a USB (8 gig) memory stick. The stick is to be used for troubleshooting purposes (ie booting up and scanning inoperative systems).

Any pointers, url's etc would be most appreciated....thanks!

  • Re: usb and too much memory?
    ... Sure enough, when I take out the extra gig of memory, ... the scanner starts working and the boot time USB errors ... is only the x86_64 kernel that has USB troubles. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: A8N-E, 3gig memory, and usb?
    ... my 2 1 gig sticks to get RMAed. ... decided to put all 4 sticks of memory in the system. ... complaining about USB devices not responding and the ... than to change BIOS versions. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: bootable memory stick?
    ... this was the Vista groups.. ... USB devices, but with XP it can be done, using kludges ... install to or boot fromone, as they all reset the USB controllers during ... device, be it a memory stick, USB HD or a memory card in a card reader... ...
  • Re: Why does 4GB RAM only show as 3GB?
    ... I have a Compaq laptop with 2 gig of memory running Vista 32 bit. ... on-board video uses 256 meg of system memory. ...
  • usb and too much memory?
    ... I've just gone from 2 gig of memory to 3 gig in my x86_64 ... FC5 system with an asus A8N-E, and suddenly I get all kinds ... USB scanner is no longer recognized. ...
    (Fedora)