Re: Sound missing after RAM upgrade.

"JMC05" <JMC05.3b928ba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:JMC05.3b928ba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

think i've spotted the problem, my computer only has a 300w power supply
and my graphics card requires 350w so i'm not sure how i'm running
that!

thanks for the replys

--
JMC05

Your graphics only requires 350 watts at constant full load such as heavy gaming, for most operations it uses a lot less. However, the addition of more memory does require more power all the time to keep it refreshed.

  • Re: quick question about windows 7 and problems with web pages.
    ... So far the photoshop stuff runs just fine, but when he surfs the web pages refuse to load completely or if they do load the graphics are all messed up and occasionally the computer will flash to a second of completely black screen. ... I've tested the power supply and every thing on the network side including trying another NIC that I know works just find and everything thing checks out there so I'm assuming that it's the graphics card but I thought I'd check in here for a second opinion. ... I know he is running the absolute latest nvidia drivers and the card is compatible according to microsoft, but I can't think of any other reason the computer is giving these problems... ... 64-bit apps. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: X performance
    ... The applications takes a bit longer to load ... likely to be in RAM since those pages were very recently accessed. ... graphics card with more of its own memory won't help the situation at ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: [opensuse] Xorg problem with Compiz with KDE apps
    ... problem with compiz but whenever I load a Kde application my screen ... My graphics card is a Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Weird hardware problem... Windows wont install
    ... All that suggests the power supply with the difference between Windows and ... the Knoppix live CD being how much of a load they present. ... graphics card, 1 HDD and 1 CD drive. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Sims 2 Not Starting...already installed....
    ... > This is what comes up when I try to load the Sims 2: ... > How can I fix this?????? ... If you're not sure what graphics card is in your system check out: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)