Re: Samsung sh-s182 DVD driver error

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461 or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060 (I'd recommend the second link if you're not happy editing the registry.

Don't worry if the symptoms or cause don't match your situation exactly. This seems to sort things out nine times out of ten.

"Billkalbo" <billkalbo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9351BBD5-E87E-444C-8605-3E1778FCAF3A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been running my vista system with no problem for 6 months and then I 2 days ago, the DVD was not there. During boot, it finds the drive, will boot off the DVD but once Vista is running, there is no DVD.

Checking the device manager, under DVD, there is an error:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

When I try to update the driver, it tells me I have the best driver installed.

If I uninstall and the check for hardware changes, it reinstalls the same driver and the error is back.

I tried to boot into another Vista installation and then delete the driver but it won't let me delete.

How can I fix this problem?

Kalbo

.