Re: Samsung sh-s182 DVD driver error

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461 or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060 (I'd recommend the second link if you're not happy editing the registry.

Don't worry if the symptoms or cause don't match your situation exactly. This seems to sort things out nine times out of ten.

"Billkalbo" <billkalbo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9351BBD5-E87E-444C-8605-3E1778FCAF3A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been running my vista system with no problem for 6 months and then I 2 days ago, the DVD was not there. During boot, it finds the drive, will boot off the DVD but once Vista is running, there is no DVD.

Checking the device manager, under DVD, there is an error:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

When I try to update the driver, it tells me I have the best driver installed.

If I uninstall and the check for hardware changes, it reinstalls the same driver and the error is back.

I tried to boot into another Vista installation and then delete the driver but it won't let me delete.

How can I fix this problem?

Kalbo

  • >>>> DVD DRIVERS <<<<
    ... 110d driver dvd dvr pioneer rw ... acer aspire 5100 dvd rom driver ... device driver sony dvd rw dw-q120a ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Oh Dear God: Has my iBook crashed?
    ... Unable to find driver for this ... installing new memory, for example, or an AirPort card or anything like ... the System DVD that came with it and run the hardware checks. ... If it won't boot from the DVD and none of the other fixes work, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Booting F12 live DVD ISO image from USB drive
    ... image of different live distributions including F12 live DVD. ... - grub4dos - but it had problem to boot ISO DVD and it may be not fragmented ... Did anybody find any other method how to boot Fedora ISO (or ... Another tip, if you intend to use a proprietary graphics driver, is to ...
    (Fedora)
  • DVD RW ...,
    ... liteon dvd rw drivers free cd dvd rw drivers download 8cm dvd rw dos ... driver for dvd rw ad-7530b dvd rw and non cartridge compatible tdk dvd ... optiarc 5400a dvd rw dvd r rw burner sony dvd rw dru-530 how to erase ... support dvd rw format 0.12 ps2 dvd rw pinnacle dvd rw disk drives d810 ...
    (rec.radio.swap)
  • DVD RW
    ... sony dvd rw dw-q58a driver ... driver for hl-dt-st rw dvd gcc-4246n ... device driver sony dvd rw dw-q120a ...
    (comp.lang.ada)