Re: Authentec update causes Fingerprint reader to no longer work
- From: wiser007 <wiser007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:56:09 -0800
Thanks for the tip. My settings were correct...I just thought I was
doing the right thing by installing the optional update for my device. Won't
make that mistake again.
And reset your winupdate settings to only download/install critical updates,
not driver updates, which you should only obtain from manufacturers sites,
in your case Lenovo
"coladan1" <coladan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I need some help and hopefully can find it here. I have a Lenovo 300 N100
Notebook running OmniPass. On my last windows update, an update was
installed to the Authentec Fingerprint device driver and now, the
reader does not work. I would like to get things up and running again,
do not know how. Can anyone come up with a way to get things working
Thanks fo the help
- Prev by Date: Re: LCD screen of laptop needs to "warm up"?
- Next by Date: Re: LCD screen of laptop needs to "warm up"?
- Previous by thread: Re: Authentec update causes Fingerprint reader to no longer work
- Next by thread: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K17A ATA not reading anything, where do i start to look to fix this?