Re: Authentec update causes Fingerprint reader to no longer work

"coladan1" <coladan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:D19AEEDD-BF3B-4C5F-9FBD-0621EBC2D5BE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mike - Thanks...that did the trick...didn't know you could roll back a driver
like that. Learn something new every day. Anyway, my fingerprint reader is
back up and running. Thanks again

Steve

>I need some help and hopefully can find it here. I have a Lenovo 300 >N100
> Notebook running OmniPass. On my last windows update, an update was
> installed to the Authentec Fingerprint device driver and now, the
> fingerprint
> reader does not work. I would like to get things up and running again,
> but
> do not know how. Can anyone come up with a way to get things working
> again.
> Thanks fo the help
>
> Steve C.

Control Panel > System > Device Manager

Look for the device in the lists and, once found, highlight then right click
on the device and select 'Properties'

Now click on the 'driver' tab and select 'Roll Back Driver'

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

You're welcome.. :-)

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..
http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=newswhelp&style=toc
Mike's Window - My Blog..

  • Re: Authentec update causes Fingerprint reader to no longer work
    ... installation or something like that i gone through every possible choice to ... installed to the Authentec Fingerprint device driver and now, ... Now click on the 'driver' tab and select 'Roll Back Driver' ... Mike's Window - My Blog.. ...
  • Re: Authentec update causes Fingerprint reader to no longer work
    ... Anyway, my fingerprint reader is ... On my last windows update, ... installed to the Authentec Fingerprint device driver and now, ... Now click on the 'driver' tab and select 'Roll Back Driver' ...
  • Re: Linux-compatible OEM fingerprint reader
    ... The specs for the Entrepad AES4000 (the chip that this uses) is ... If you find a windows program or SDK that can accept a fingerprint over the ... network or whatever than you can write a driver for Linux in a matter of ... Also with regards to defeating them, you can't defeat thermal and capacitive ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Linux-compatible OEM fingerprint reader
    ... The specs for the Entrepad AES4000 (the chip that this uses) is ... If you find a windows program or SDK that can accept a fingerprint over the ... network or whatever than you can write a driver for Linux in a matter of ... Also with regards to defeating them, you can't defeat thermal and capacitive ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Linux-compatible OEM fingerprint reader
    ... The specs for the Entrepad AES4000 (the chip that this uses) is ... If you find a windows program or SDK that can accept a fingerprint over the ... network or whatever than you can write a driver for Linux in a matter of ... Also with regards to defeating them, you can't defeat thermal and capacitive ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)