Re: vista memory upgrade

"bandahanson" wrote in message news:ujAcn4nIJHA.468@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have never had a problem like this before. I purchased an hp laptop for my wife with vista installed. After several months she told me how slow it was so I decided to upgrade to two gig. I purchased crucial memory and installed. Since then it has been nothing short of a nightmare. The machine will suddenly stop booting, then it will magically boot again then it will stop. It is not the hard drive because when this happens if I pop my XP boot disk it still will not boot. I discussed this with crucial and they sent me a new upgrade kit. It worked for a couple of days and now I am right back where I started. Is there something that needs to be done to vista or am I totally in the wrong forum. Forgive me if that is the case.

One thing you can do to check the memory itself is to download and run good memory testing software such as MemTest86 to see if the memory itself is reliable.

http://www.memtest86.com/

.