Re: Cannot access files in Vista hard drive

"Ande" <Ande@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2481A9A1-14C7-43BC-AC55-7C5AD156DC14@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HI

I bought compaq laptop which has vista home premium installed.

Laptop got problem and its not working.
My Hard drive has importent data in it, i removed teh hard drive and
connected to other laptop(Vista OS installed) with USB.

Iam able to open the hard drive, but Iam unable to see any files in it.
Folder strucure exists. But files in folders doesnt exist.

In Users folders Iam unable to see my Folder.

I tried to log in to computer as administrator (Other laptop to whihc my
Hard drive is connected )

Is this a security of VISTA.

Please help me to recover my Data back.

You need to take ownership of the files. Type in "take ownership" into Help and read that.

  • Re: Win XP file permissions
    ... ownership of the folders I needed to access on the new system. ... laptop only has USB 1.1) is by putting the laptop disk drive ... How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP ... To start in Safe Mode, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Win XP file permissions
    ... my laptop only has USB 1.1) is by putting the laptop disk ... take ownership of the files. ... How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP ... To start in Safe Mode, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: access denied
    ... to which you have been denied access: ... How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP ... | PC (after spilling water over the laptop!). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Cannot access files in Vista hard drive
    ... I bought compaq laptop which has vista home premium installed. ... My Hard drive has importent data in it, i removed teh hard drive and ... In Users folders Iam unable to see my Folder. ...
  • Re: Problems with external hard drive.
    ... I had administrator priveleges on my account on my old laptop ... folder on the old drive except for my My Documents folder for my account (the ... Take ownership of the folder and files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)