cd drives

My CD drives don't turn, they light up and then the light goes out and they
don't move. I have reinstalled the whole system, but the CD drives still
don't move. When I check the devices, there is a yellow exclammation mark
next to both CD rom and DVD. Help!!
--
lady

  • Re: Free Old Stuff
    ... >> It was set to CSEL but was on its own on the primary controller the DVD ... >> was on the secondary - when I removed the DVD Rom the configuration was ... Chances are you've got a dodgy IDE connector: ... had a dodgy IDE connector why would it detect all the other drives I tried ...
    (uk.adverts.computer)
  • Re: DVDs are not playing or recognized
    ... across the answer on this problem at least for one of the drives. ... it removed made my DVD ROM drive work, ... I did a fresh install of XP Pro SP 2 less than 3 ... ever install Nero again. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
    ... best virtual cd dvd emulator ... cd lab physiology rom virtual ... create virtual cd dvd drives freeware ... download trial virtual cd dvd ...
    (sci.electronics.cad)
  • Re: External DVD for International Traveler?
    ... Insert a DVD from the wrong region. ... For DVD drives made from about 2000, ... If you use the third party application VLC to play the ... Here is a full list of external optical drives available from Other ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: DVDs are not playing or recognized
    ... it removed made my DVD ROM drive work, ... I did a fresh install of XP Pro SP 2 less than 3 ... weeks ago on brand new hard drives which I believe I ... ever install Nero again. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)