Re: SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio

"Aaronb" <Aaronb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A5F50C0F-5356-4C6C-A219-0D74B239B026@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
After loading Vista Ultimate on my machine I keep losing my sound. The sound
works when the SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio driver is installed, but
"automagically" that driver gets removed and the RealTek 97 AUdio driver gets
installed. I have to go to Device Manager and remove the driver and then
search for new hardware to reinstall the SoundMax drive.

Any ideas on how to lock the driver so it won't keep doing this?

http://www.drivershq.com/ - download the utility here (you have to register/pay - but only $30.00 USD, it scans your system for the correct drivers for *your* specific system. It may help locate the proper driver for you.

  • Re: sound issue
    ... Tried reloading realtek drivers, but no change -- still no sound. ... HDAudio consists of two components. ... The Microsoft UAA driver for HDAudio. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: No audio
    ... Still no sound. ... Audio is a Realtek ALC662 Anyone know how to get XP to recognize Windows drivers? ... The RealTek installer, includes a copy of UAA for you. ... Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: No sound from Line In
    ... |> in the system tray grouped with other sound apps under the Realtek Sound ... |> A recorder can't record what it can't hear. ... Microsoft offers a UAA driver, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Sound issues
    ... chip on board for sound. ... Manager and uninstall the driver, then do a quick hardware scan; ... In the Sounds and Audio devices Control Panel Applet it shows the Realtek ... Windows stops recognizing it as an audio device. ...
  • Re: would vidcard problems stop with change to new series of same thing?
    ... Unfortunately sound worked fine before I put in the ATI video card, ... using the Realtek High Definition Audio. ... and the updated driver from Gigabyte's Web ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)