Re: HD added with SATA doesn't show up

Until its formated and assigned a drive letter its never going to show up in
Computer or explorer

"Foreverkul" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

So I finished adding a Western Digital 160GB 10,000RPM HD, made sure all
the plugs were correct, and using SATA. However, when I started up my
computer it doesn't show up in Explorer, so I look at device manager and
it is listed there. I also went to the BIOS where it is also listed. So
I know the computer knows its there, but why can't I access it? I've
researched similar problems but could not find a definite answer. (Using
Vista Ultimate 64bit)

--
Foreverkul

  • Re: Scandisk U3 Unrecognised by Windows Explorer
    ... When I plug this USB flash drive into a USB port on my ... laptop running XP Windows Explorer only shows it as the I: ... drive letter 'I' is of course arbitrary). ... Explorer along with the files on it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Scandisk U3 Unrecognised by Windows Explorer
    ... drive letter 'I' is of course arbitrary). ... HOWEVER if I start up an app. ... Explorer along with the files on it. ... BUT whilst WE lists the W: drive, it will not list the V: drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Annoying desktop "reset"
    ... >second time i access something, ... More particularly, an Explorer window (includes desktop, which is the ... so if there's no dynamic drive letter ... Do you have drive letters mapped to LAN resources, or "web folders"? ...
  • Re: MS05-002 on 9x and ME
    ... > drive letter appears in the left pane of Explorer, ... > This may be hidden by the artificially-added slowness of Win98's ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: how to access a drive without a letter?
    ... MP3 player is not showing up as a drive letter. ... It sounds like an explorer namespace extension is being ... The drive does not appear in Computer Management> Disk Administrator. ...