Re: CD/DVD drive not showing up in my computer

If the drive sometimes appears and sometimes does not, then it's most likely that the drive itself is bad and in need of replacement. It could also be caused by a bad or loose cable connecting the drive to the motherboard, or a bad or loose power cable on the drive, or a defective motherboard.

Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@xxxxxxxxx
* NEW! Catch my blog ...
* The Website -

"Qantaslink" <Qantaslink.3gfjrf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Qantaslink.3gfjrf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi guys, I have the very same problem however i did not remove any
programs, just sometimes it appears in my computer and sometimes (after
starting) it does not. All suggestions most appreciated, Thank you. Tony

Qantaslink's Profile:
View this thread: