CD/DVD drive not showing up in my computer

hey i removed a program the other day and then when i restarted comp the
dvd and cd drive were not showing up. I tried the whole remove upper
and lower filters from registry, but when i went to remove them from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
there were no upper or lower filters, i tried checkin cables, they are
fine. what should i try next?

--
rebel5760

  • DVD drive gone awol
    ... I'm running windows Vista on an HP Pavilion. ... I went to use my DVD ... and with XP I removed the appropriate Upper ... I tried this with vista and the upper and lower filters were not present. ...
  • No CD or DVD
    ... My computer no longer sees my DVD or ... I tried: (regedit) ... and deleted the upper and lower filters as directed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: DVD drive uninstalled??
    ... Again right click computer and select manage, select device manager and disk drives to see if the DVD drive shows a down arrow meaning it is disabled. ... This happened before with XP, and with XP I removed the appropriate Upper and Lower filters in the registry, restarted, and all was well. ...
  • Re: CD/DVD drive not showing up in my computer
    ... Is it showing up in the BIOS? ... dvd and cd drive were not showing up. ... I tried the whole remove upper ... there were no upper or lower filters, i tried checkin cables, they are ...
  • Re: Please Help!! need help with reg edit
    ... if so..do i do the same for upper filter.bak? ... microsoft fix about upper and lower filters. ... Do NOT be afraid of the registry hack here. ... Click File (Windows XP) or Registry, ...