Re: DVD not working after failed SP1 install

had to say thank you, you saved my saturday evening, I spent the whole day
trying to sort this problem out. Thanks again.
Pascale

"gerryf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" wrote:

in control panel, programs and features, uninstall all things roxio and
sonic.

After competely uninstall, go to device manager, right click the optical
drive, choose uninstall.

Reboot. On reboot windows will reinstall the default drivers

"Andy G" <georgi66@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Yeah, Device Manager shows the drive with the yellow exclamation mark, and
says no drivers installed. Before the attempted SP1 update it was fine so
I guess the install somehow trashed the drivers.

When I try to "Update Driver", it fails with an error message as follows:

"Found driver software but encountered an error whilst trying to install
it.
Roxio cdr4
System cannot find the file specified".

I believe the Roxio file is something to do with CD/DVD burning software,
and I know it is present in the drivers directory.

Does this help?

Andy

"tanuj_chadha" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Did you try to update the drivers for the drive through device manager ?

--
tanuj_chadha

Tanuj

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. - Karl
Marx :geek:

  • Re: old xp home computers
    ... > clean install ....i hope. ... utilities on the Internet for the type of BIOS you have. ... You also have hardware on your machine that requires drivers to interface ...
  • Re: Format Fdsik XP
    ... you can install it first thing. ... patch/install the drivers you prepared with earlier. ... network drivers and finally your video card drivers. ... of the hardware drivers from here - always go to the actual manufacturers ...
  • Re: Problems using command format c:
    ... you can install it first thing. ... patch/install the drivers you prepared with earlier. ... network drivers and finally your video card drivers. ... of the hardware drivers from here - always go to the actual manufacturers ...
  • Re: 0x0000007B
    ... Pro install should have reconized the USB flash disk as a removable device. ... The two devices which Intel provided drivers for do end up with question ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: 2 SATA drives and 1 IDE drive Not Recognized
    ... I tried to install the motherboard driver utility from the original CD- ... ROM within Windows. ... LifeGuard to find out if it sees the drives. ... Then just update the drivers if newer versions are available on the web site ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)