Re: Possible to detect prohibited graphics hardware acceleration

Hi Ulrich,

You might try posting again in Microsoft.public.development.device.drivers - those folks tend to be more experienced in questions like this.

"UlrichK" <UlrichK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:33432359-BF19-46A6-BA25-CE676A7C62A8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I read in a lot of places that disabling the graphics hardware acceleration
might be forbidden with Windows Vista.
I also have a computer/graphics card like this: the slider/option in
"Troubleshooting" is missing and it says changing this setting is forbidden
by the driver.

My question: How can I detect programmatically that disabling the hardware
acceleration is prohibited?

This is useful for hiding the respective option in our software in this case.

Thank you in advance
Ulrich

  • Re: azc reply to jasons post re posting email addresss
    ... I've seen some snide replies, and I've even posted some myself, ... And those types of folks simply cannot write an entire detailed ... > wouldn't think it necessary to lambaste anyone for posting the message. ... I'm saying that just ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: OT: Operating System (Warning: Additional Off Topic material inside this post!) :-]
    ... those folks sport some modicum of civility in their thinking. ... To me a posting is either on topic (like this ... that don't post 100% about Suse, Suse, and ONLY Suse! ... I don't care about that either. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: DC Meeting Cancelled
    ... the towing of our van to their home in Eugene, ... For the record folks, I did not cancel the meeting. ... spoke with Amanda, Rey's Assistant, who was to set it up. ... but I am not posting that information here for them. ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: Spying on alt.internet.search-engines
    ... it certainly goes a long way in showing off a poster's posting ... >>> I'm sure lots of folks might not like this sort of thing. ... >> the poster's interests but also opinions. ... >> habits, so this is truly a research tool in my opinion. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: OT: Reuters
    ... He starts off jumping on me for posting OT. ... If you can't get close to the truth from folks who constantly claim to ... No. Do the tweaked photos ...
    (rec.boats)