Re: eSATA & Vista

<exec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news:0808bd4f-0277-4a71-8dbe-600d92f6d280@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sep 25, 11:17 pm, "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfri...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Try the following:

1. Right-click on Computer and select Manage.
2. Click once on Disk Management to highlight it.
3. Then from the Computer Management toolbar,
click on Action > Rescan Disks.

<e...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

On Sep 25, 10:32 pm, "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfri...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Did you install a SATA hard drive in the enclosure?

> <e...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Hi!

> > I have an Asus P5B, Vista 32Bit Home Premium. I have something
> > connected to the eSATA port. When the system boots the BIOS sees it
> > fine. Vista however, will not recognize it.......everything is proper
> > in the BIOS, as the BIOS sees it upon boot.

> > The P5B uses the Jmicros controller. That should be up to date.
> > Additionally, this is hooked to an external enclosure, Xtrastore
> > 3.5".....

> > Any suggestions? I'm totally fed up with trying to resolve this.

> > Much Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Yes, SATA drives are installed. Everything
works fine under USB. Since the BIOS sees it during the POST, it is
not the cable or anything. It must be something with Vista.

Also, there is nothing regarding JMicron in my device manager.....is
there supposed to be??

Tried that one Carey, no luck there......just really weird. BIOS sees
it but Vista does not. No Jmicron anything in Device Manager. Is
there supposed to be? Is it drivers? Or maybe it just does not work
with this MB, although I've seen others get it to work.........

It should not be a BIOS setting since it displays fine during the
POST.......

Thanks everyone for your comments thusfar.....

On my P5K installation CD, there are drivers for JMicron.

  • Re: eSATA & Vista
    ... Click once on Disk Management to highlight it. ... >> in the BIOS, as the BIOS sees it upon boot. ... No Jmicron anything in Device Manager. ...
  • Re: eSATA & Vista
    ... Click once on Disk Management to highlight it. ... in the BIOS, as the BIOS sees it upon boot. ... there are drivers for JMicron. ...
  • Re: eSATA & Vista
    ... Click once on Disk Management to highlight it. ... in the BIOS, as the BIOS sees it upon boot. ... there are drivers for JMicron. ...
  • Re: Slave disk missing
    ... Is it recognised in the BIOS and Disk Management? ... There is nothing wrong with connection cables or the HDD itself. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: No IDE at all showing. (P5Q PRO TUBRO)
    ... SIL5723 is controlled by a single BIOS setting for "Drive Xpert Mode", ... show as a single "generic" device on the sixth port of the ICH10R ... The JMicron JMB361, is "outside" the Southbridge. ... If I look in that add-on code module, I can see text strings such as ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)