Possible to detect prohibited graphics hardware acceleration

I read in a lot of places that disabling the graphics hardware acceleration
might be forbidden with Windows Vista.
I also have a computer/graphics card like this: the slider/option in
"Troubleshooting" is missing and it says changing this setting is forbidden
by the driver.

My question: How can I detect programmatically that disabling the hardware
acceleration is prohibited?

This is useful for hiding the respective option in our software in this case.

Thank you in advance
Ulrich

  • How Speedup Windows Vista
    ... tips to enhance performance of Windows Vista. ... Disable Network Printer Search: ... Explorer can slow down when browsing through shared folders and network computers on local network for printers. ... This sounds like a great feature and may be useful but you can get maximum performance by disabling it. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Tweaks to speedup Windows Vista
    ... tips to enhance performance of Windows Vista. ... Disable Network Printer Search: ... Explorer can slow down when browsing through shared folders and network computers on local network for printers. ... This sounds like a great feature and may be useful but you can get maximum performance by disabling it. ...
  • Re: Tweaks to speedup Windows Vista
    ... tips to enhance performance of Windows Vista. ... Disable Network Printer Search: ... Explorer can slow down when browsing through shared folders and network computers on local network for printers. ... This sounds like a great feature and may be useful but you can get maximum performance by disabling it. ...
  • Re: Scanning e-mail
    ... I merely cited it in response to Ms Dori's bizarre comment to illustrate that MS has referred to disabling email scanning. ... Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition ... Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition ...