Re: eSATA & Vista

On Sep 25, 10:32 pm, "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfri...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Did you install a SATA hard drive in the enclosure?

<e...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hi!

I have an Asus P5B, Vista 32Bit Home Premium.  I have something
connected to the eSATA port.  When the system boots the BIOS sees it
fine.  Vista however, will not recognize it.......everything is proper
in the BIOS, as the BIOS sees it upon boot.

The P5B uses the Jmicros controller.  That should be up to date.
Additionally, this is hooked to an external enclosure, Xtrastore
3.5".....

Any suggestions?  I'm totally fed up with trying to resolve this.

Much Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Yes, SATA drives are installed. Everything
works fine under USB. Since the BIOS sees it during the POST, it is
not the cable or anything. It must be something with Vista.

Also, there is nothing regarding JMicron in my device manager.....is
there supposed to be??

.