Re: Keyboard not working

Hi,

What happens if you try safe mode by hitting F8 at boot? Does the laptop respond to keyboard commands during the initial POST (like hitting <del> or an F key to enter the system BIOS)?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"boyphp" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3b9664afa3bb2959ce09766f2881f5ef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
My Vista Home Premium edition came with my Acer 5100 laptop and all of
a sudden my keyboard wont respond(the mouse still does).

I brought up device manager and Keyboard is not listed among the
hardware devices.

Any suggestions to fix this? My laptop didnt come with the Vista DVD
and when I tried System Restore, it said the C drive is corrupt or some
such.

Thank you in advance :D

--
boyphp