Re: Keyboard not working

Hi,

What happens if you try safe mode by hitting F8 at boot? Does the laptop respond to keyboard commands during the initial POST (like hitting <del> or an F key to enter the system BIOS)?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"boyphp" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3b9664afa3bb2959ce09766f2881f5ef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
My Vista Home Premium edition came with my Acer 5100 laptop and all of
a sudden my keyboard wont respond(the mouse still does).

I brought up device manager and Keyboard is not listed among the
hardware devices.

Any suggestions to fix this? My laptop didnt come with the Vista DVD
and when I tried System Restore, it said the C drive is corrupt or some
such.

Thank you in advance :D

--
boyphp

  • Cant login (keyboard not functioning)
    ... I have a Win XP laptop system and I can't login because the keyboard ... gain access, but it will not load off of a bootable disk, it eventually ... , but in order to make changes in Device Manager, I have ...
  • Re: Transportation Re: High Rise Living
    ... it is normally to places or to do things that a laptop would ... When at work, I don't even open it, since in the docking station it ... scale keyboard and mouse plugged into it, so I'm not using the screen, ... too small for my taste and 3) pointing devices for them suck." ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: [OT] Laptop Repair?
    ... drives on desktops but I have never opened a laptop. ... The reason I ask is that I have one sticky key - the comma - that ... I'm not 100% sure how the warranty works. ... I can picture sending it in to get that key fixed (or maybe the keyboard replaced altogether if they don't/can't fix individual keys) but then having the tech declare that it was damaged and the warranty void. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Using one of the new laptops with separare num keyboard with EDT ?
    ... Currently planning to upgrade/renew my laptop. ... keyboard, but today (with the constantly growing size ... with a separate numeric keypad part. ... actual layout of the keys. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Did I get lucky? (long)
    ... under the middle of the keyboard. ... I look at the now exposed chassis of the laptop and notice ... expecting to find *something* burned. ... I notice nothing loose, no debris, no ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)