Re: CF card not accessible

Hard to say, but if there is nothing on it that you need to save, just go into disk manager, and create a partition on it and format the partition FAT32. Then assign a drive letter if it is not already there, and it should appear in Computer as that drive. Now, if it is reported RAW because it has died, none of this will work, and you need to see if you can read it somewhere else. Good luck.

<kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:mvlhd4p2tlrp2gesv08esnmrhqugnq2mit@xxxxxxxxxx
I have a 6-in-1 internal USB card reader in my PC running Vista Home
Premium SP1. It recognized the CF card the first time (maybe the
first few times) I put a CF card in the reader. Now however it does
not. All the drives show up on the Computer screen but when I double
click on the G drive, it says I need to insert a drive. From the
Control Panel, I go to the Computer Manager/Disk Management screen and
it sees the G drive and it's formated 1.9GB RAW. Any ideas why I
can't get to this device?

  • Re: USB not formatting properly
    ... USB drive. ... "Delete Partition" was shaded out, ... I have used this on 4-5 various thumb drives without any problem. ... There is also the Microsoft USB Flash Drive Manager available here ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: error: Unmountable Boot Volume
    ... > first time I did it and I didn't had any problems before, ... > format the primary partition but this error screan appeared again. ... and power supply connectors to the drives. ... the diagnostic from a working computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Help!! Compaq Presario 3370US Hard drive?
    ... Compaq hard-disk set-up is a bit confusing at first, the first time I saw it, I had some trouble figuring out what you were trying to understand. ... Hitachi, but got a read error (while doing the image backup), so I've ... I delete the WinXP partition, and then run DFT on the drive again, I got ... I have because it's able to support up to 300GB drives. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • WD160 + Drive geometry
    ... First time using a mailing list so I hope I'm in the right place! ... which does support drives greater than 137 ... partition c: partition extends past end of unit ... my windows box and got the following geometry, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Several SBS services dead
    ... Backup running may or may not be related. ... three-week old Dell PE 830 server with CERC SATA controller and RAID1 ... Seagate drives (they are ST3160812AS drives, ... Browser, Logical Disk Manager, Shell Hardware Detection, and Automatic ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)