Re: Please help with external drive issue
- From: Paul Montgomery <i.m.nonnymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:54:56 -0500
On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:40:57 -0500, "Rob" <rbaysinger@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I've searched and tried all the drivers consistent with Maxtor drives and
Vista and had no luck at all. Still without the external drive... anymore
Try this if you haven't already: in Device Manager... delete that
device that shows the yellow exclamation point and restart Windows.
Thanks again, Rob
"Cyberwolf" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thank you Cyberwolf ... I did as you suggested and there is a Mass
Device with a yellow exclamation mark beside it. I clicked and used the
automated "look for a solution" with no results. What next please?
Thanks again sir, Rob.
"Cyberwolf" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:84ed80be309eec83420c3072f632c34d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >
Rob;840960 Wrote:> > > > >
TheI have a Maxtor DiamondMax 21 320gb PATA (ultra ATA) hard drive
an external case that I used on my previous OS - XP Professional.
had purchased from NewEgg and it worked really well via a USB
software was necessary, I simply plugged it in a USB slot and it
displayed as a Mass Storage Device. I have tried the following
If you go into the Control Panel -> System & Maint -> Deviceluck:
1. Loading the latest MaxBlast software provided by Maxtor
2. Changing the jumper from Cable Select to Master and back
I am currently using Windows Vista Home Premium 64 with SP1 ...
Thank you most kindly in advance, Rob.> > > > >
.. Does it show up in there when plugged in? If not, are thereany
unknown devices? (yellow exclamation mark in front of device)
Cyberwolf > >
Sounds like you need to find the specific driver for your hard drive on
the manuf website. Perhaps the file you downloaded isnt the correct one
for your device!
- Prev by Date: Re: Please help with external drive issue
- Next by Date: Re: Western Digital & Data Recovery
- Previous by thread: Re: Please help with external drive issue
- Next by thread: Re: Please help with external drive issue