Re: Please help with external drive issue

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:40:57 -0500, "Rob" <rbaysinger@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I've searched and tried all the drivers consistent with Maxtor drives and
Vista and had no luck at all. Still without the external drive... anymore
suggestions?

Try this if you haven't already: in Device Manager... delete that
device that shows the yellow exclamation point and restart Windows.

Thanks again, Rob
"Cyberwolf" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Rob;842878 Wrote:
Thank you Cyberwolf ... I did as you suggested and there is a Mass
Storage
Device with a yellow exclamation mark beside it. I clicked and used the
automated "look for a solution" with no results. What next please?

Thanks again sir, Rob.
"Cyberwolf" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:84ed80be309eec83420c3072f632c34d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >

Rob;840960 Wrote:> > > > >
I have a Maxtor DiamondMax 21 320gb PATA (ultra ATA) hard drive
installed in
an external case that I used on my previous OS - XP Professional.
The
case I
had purchased from NewEgg and it worked really well via a USB
connection. No
software was necessary, I simply plugged it in a USB slot and it
was
displayed as a Mass Storage Device. I have tried the following
with
no
luck:

2. Changing the jumper from Cable Select to Master and back

I am currently using Windows Vista Home Premium 64 with SP1 ...

Thank you most kindly in advance, Rob.> > > > >
If you go into the Control Panel -> System & Maint -> Device
Manager
.. Does it show up in there when plugged in? If not, are there
any
unknown devices? (yellow exclamation mark in front of device)

--
Cyberwolf > >

Sounds like you need to find the specific driver for your hard drive on
the manuf website. Perhaps the file you downloaded isnt the correct one
for your device!

--
Cyberwolf

  • Re: C# to get total PC CPU usage by using WMI
    ... WMI, it will look like the task manager one. ... for getting the total PC CPU usage, ... Is it the problem in Vista? ...
  • formidable malware -- PC_AntiSpyware2010
    ... Yesterday I managed to infect my Vista Ultimate with a very virulent strain of PC_AntiSpyware2010. ... I finally threw in the towel today, and re-imaged my Vista partition with a backup. ... Task Manager worked, but stopping rogue entries became a Mallet & Ground Chuck game. ... RegistryFix7 and another registry contestant held up longer, but also just vanished after thinking about my problem. ...
  • Re: Windows Boot Manager
    ... Bootrec.exe did not fix the problem; ... Manager that appears to be left over from Win2003. ... > I have a working copy of Vista. ... "Microsoft Windows Vista" and "Microsoft> Windows ...
  • Re: Cool Utility for Leopard Spaces
    ... manager for Vista. ... Google is your friend, or you could always use Vista like 99% of the world. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)