Re: ATIKMDAG.SYS

you may also want to try the Intel drivers. They don't load on their own
in Vista. You need to find the extracted files or use the zip and load
them in safe mode by hand. It greatly reduce the problem for me.

--
chuckbam

*q6600 slacr quad cpu at 3.36 ghz/ fsb 1680 mhz ~ asus p5b deluxe ~
mushkin em2-6400, 8gb at 840 mhz, 5-5-5-15 ~ maxline pro 500, raid 0,
931gb ~ hd 3850 512mb/ hd 2600 pro 512mb ~ dual tv tuners: ati 650 pro/
550 pci ~ silverstone op650 ps ~ 3 lcd multiple display w/ full custom
aero ~ ... vista ultimate 64-bit ... windows experience index 5.9 ...
system runs 24/7 *

  • Re: ATIKMDAG.SYS
    ... in Vista. ... You need to find the extracted files or use the zip and load ... them in safe mode by hand. ...
  • Re: ATIKMDAG.SYS
    ... you may also want to try the Intel drivers. ... You need to find the extracted files or use the zip and load ... I assume you are referring to the Intel Chipset drivers? ... They do not install with the setup in Vista. ...
  • Boot and general performance
    ... Checked out what is starting up and uninstalled any program that I no longer used and adjusted ones I still use to only load what they need when I actually click on them to start. ... I also stand the laptop on a cake stand so that air flow under and around it is maximised. ... so I tried to use SFC /SCANBOOT as I used to on XP but that option doesn't exist for SFC under Vista so I cant reboot and have a windows OS file scan be performed when no file is locked. ... Not daunted I thought about "repair install" which *CAN* be done on my desktop Vista Business if needed with the DVD there but the laptop came with Vista Ultimate 64 bit already installed and with a restore partition on it, no disk, as usual and I cannot actually DO a repair install because of that. ...
  • Re: some further comments...
    ... as fast as 98 and better at handling a load. ... will fix a PC with a broken hard disk, ... System Restore, auto. ... If you visit the Vista group you'll find lots of people ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Adding a reference to a COM in VS2008
    ... You know there are many features Vista has that are not know from a software developer's or computer user's standpoint on how Vista is protecting the O/S like Virtualization being one. ... For my own personal computer usage, I'll never go back to XP, and I await to see what else is being implemented in Windows 7. ... Connecting an application with API entry points exported by DLLs is something usually handled by the operating system loader, but these types of malware infection don't get the benefit of the loader's services. ... This hasn't posed a problem for malware on previous versions of Windows because for any given Windows release, system executable images and DLLs always load at the same location, allowing malware to assume that APIs reside at fixed addresses. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)