Re: cd drives don't function

I had a similar problem after installing a skytronics parallel to USB cable and driver disk. They also disappeared from device manager and wouldn't return
Got them back by using system restore to go back to an earlier time.
Kev
Using Vista 64SP1 ( for which no Epson 1650 scanner drivers and no HP 1120 printer drivers are to ever be available. - Bah)

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eevnXfDGJHA.768@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Also applies to Vista

Worth a shot. Try the following and see if it will reappear in working order

Peter

"meron" <rmeron@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C7A7FE27-8BEF-4432-9ABD-60618641F807@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please help me - both my CD rom and CD write stopped working. When I asked
for advice from HP, I received the wrong instructions from someone who was
probably an amateur who instructed me to uninstall both drives in Device
Manager resulting in disappeaance of both my drives from the Device Manager
and I have no idea how to find them so that I can reinstall them and hope
that they will work.

Please help me!!!

Thanks.

Raya

  • Re: someone please help! with windows me
    ... > is bad because it says in the device manager that everything is working> properly. ... >> Remove ALL Hard drives ... you'll see a Temporary Internet Files section - ... >>>> the smaller download should do. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows not recognizing brand new USB flash drive
    ... reboot the system with the drives out and ... NetBackup" client and then plug the USB stick in, ... '512) is not being detected in Windows Explorer. ... SanDisk support suggested going into the Device Manager via Computer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Very slow hard drive performance on Acer Aspire 9410
    ... I checked device manager and I have no exclamation marks. ... install of Windows XP Service pack 3. ... You might post copies of the actual Event Viewer reports. ... that two separate hard drives and two or three memory cards are all ...
  • Re: DVD & CD drives dissappeared
    ... just how to fix it in the registry. ... uninstall the update and roll back to a previous System Restore point. ... After the Device Manager window opens, click the "+" to expand the ... DVD/CD-Rom drives option. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Missing Driver
    ... Assuming that the answer to the above is "Nothing" or "I don't recall," and also assuming that you haven't installed or uninstalled any software since the problem happened, try using System Restore to go back to a point prior to the problem. ... Is the Device Manager entry with the error under "DVD/CD-ROM Drives" or under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"? ... Was an install disk provided with the drive? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)