Re: Externnal USB Hard disk doesn't show up anywhere

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:20:23 -0400, "Richard Urban"
<richardurbanREMOVETHIS@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The concept of these mini drive is great but I would not touch one ever
again.

I love my little 160G Toshiba. Keeps backups of my notebook drive, is
great for swapping tons of files from my desktop to the notebook, etc.
So far no problems. Can't believe that thing cost me so little for so
much.

My first hard drive was a 30mb hard drive on an ISA card and it cost
me $300. Blew out in just under a year and was immediately replaced
under warranty.

  • Re: SQL Server Anxiety
    ... Based upon all of your collective feedback, I will ask those cost questions ... is to say that they already do backups. ... may need is a compact and repair -- but a compact and repair will not ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Backup question
    ... Tapes are a good solution if you do a *lot* of backups - the cost per GB ... If you are willing to buy tape drives from eBay and the like, though, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Partition Magic Error 108
    ... The frequency of backups is a business decision. ... to compare the cost of losing data with the cost of backing up ... >> a week to an external hard disk in a USB case. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OT: I think I need a new Laptop.
    ... tell me the model and I'll see what they cost new here. ... It's a Tecra A7. ... that you got a Tecra A7: "For that much I got a Toshiba with a Duo Centrino chipset, 100gb HDD, Super DVD drive that does everything" ... will almost get you a MacBook Pro - in fact, TechBuy have them for $3050, but are listing 1.83GHz which is either old stock, or incorrect - MBPs run 2GHz and 2.16GHz now. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.modifications)
  • Re: Havent I been quiet?
    ... Make backups. ... family photos. ... The cost of a DVD platter is pennies. ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)