Externnal USB Hard disk doesn't show up anywhere

Hello...

Seagate USB external drive ST3400601U2 doesn't show up anywhere in Disk
Management, Device Manager or in Explorer of the Sony VGN-CR363 Laptop
with pre-installed Windows Vista Home Premium.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks a lot

--
ratanmaitra

  • Re: ApUsbPnp hanging at shutdown
    ... Martin Murray wrote: ... There is a USB mouse attached to the laptop, but both the mouse and the internal touchpad are enabled and working. ... Graphics begin to get flaky sometimes, the LAN stops working sometimes, or maybe the Start button brings up a garbled list of options, but there is a problem. ... Open Device Manager, open the properties on the device, or each of your USB ports, click the Power tab, and deselect "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Yellow Bang in Device Manager for USB, Why? Help Please.
    ... Windows XP - Shell/User ... | The Laptop DVD-ROM is broke and I don't want to buy one for $400.00. ... then I connect the USB end of the converter to the USB ... | In Device Manager, it sees the DVD-ROM as "USB Mass Storage Device". ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Service pack 2?
    ... Internet, and security stuff, not the changes in Device Manager and generic ... >> I've just noticced there is a difference in the layout of the Hardware ... And the SP2 has Device Manager, ... >> to laptop and desktop, or they are new/modified features in SP2? ...
  • Re: Problem with activesync!!
    ... > it does not seem to want to connect to my laptop. ... Hard reset without backup ... Hi Naz, ... and then click Device Manager. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)