Re: E: drive wont open

torn_apart wrote:

yes i have tried going to my computer and opening it that way and yes i
have used the pinhole underneath the opening...but it opens about a
centimeter and just stops....how can i open it without taking it into a
shop or send it away....???????????:(:(

The drive is broken and needs to be replaced. If a CD is stuck in it, you
might as well pull it open because there's no way to fix the drive.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: recovery tool
    ... If OE is not opening, its usually due to a corrupt folders.dbx file. ... that and then see if OE opens. ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ...
  • Re: data source with 508 fields
    ... opening with Word 2003/2007) ... When opening just the file (with or without the confirm conversion ... and once when it opens the .doc that is created from the ... You should be able to test that by disconnecting the data source from ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: data source with 508 fields
    ... The described problems are only when opening the file in Word 2003 and 2007. ... and once when it opens the .doc that is created from the .dot. ... You should be able to test that by disconnecting the data source from ... conversion at open" is the only way to do this in the User Interface. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Word 2003 Slow Startup
    ... Is it just the initial opening that is slow? ... applications, I'd also assume they'd work properly with Word (and the problem ... > after the application opens to when I can do something with the> document ... > cursor goes away, and it takes 20 seconds before the menu dropdown> appears ...
  • Re: Dubious, To Say The Least....
    ... choosing to pass or upgrade to a 1NT rebid showing ... Tiger opens all 10-12 point balanced hands 1NT. ... Chicken DOES NOT play a 1N opening here. ... Granting his definition of system = collection of agreements and style ...
    (rec.games.bridge)