Re: DVD disappears (somewhat different)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q316529

--
Peter

"nietsen" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3379f5ba5b92f119cd50854c52a6ce14@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok, so I've read many topics regarding disappearing DVD drive in Vista
x86.
Now my problem is somewhat different.

The drive has disappeared and a reboot will not bring it back. Neither
will scanning for a hardware change in the device manager. I've looked
into the registry hack too, but both fields (upper or lower filter) are
non-existent. It's not a matter of re-seating the cables either as the
drive is visible in the bios, I can boot from it if I wish and the drive
works perfectly fine in XP.

I've also tried installing up to date drivers (it's a pioneer DVR-K16)
but am unable as the drive is non-existent, in such that the setup
program cannot find the appropriate piece of hardware to update.

Anyone has had this kind of a situation? Any luck with a solution?

--
nietsen
.