SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio

After loading Vista Ultimate on my machine I keep losing my sound. The sound
works when the SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio driver is installed, but
"automagically" that driver gets removed and the RealTek 97 AUdio driver gets
installed. I have to go to Device Manager and remove the driver and then
search for new hardware to reinstall the SoundMax drive.

Any ideas on how to lock the driver so it won't keep doing this?

  • Re: XP update loses sound card
    ... The Yamaha OPL3 SAx is as far as I can see not the correct drivert, ... should try the sound card driver from Toshiba ... The WINMM WDM Audio driver is out of the list now. ... The sound is enabled and uninstalling the Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: XP update loses sound card
    ... AND A LOST Yamaha AC-XG AC''''''''97 ... I was able to restore sound, ... The WINMM WDM Audio driver is out of the list now. ... Is the Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio out of the list of hardware now? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: XP update loses sound card
    ... I was able to restore sound, ... AND A LOST Yamaha AC-XG AC''''''''97 ... The WINMM WDM Audio driver is out of the list now. ... Is the Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio out of the list of hardware now? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: My speakers work but I cant turn up the volume.
    ... Granted, you probably don't have an eMachine, but you can follow some of the ... just reintall the driver, logic would dictate that the same "conflict" exists. ... with your sound not working correctly. ... Select "Settings" (Not needed for Windows XP). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP update loses sound card
    ... The WINMM WDM Audio driver is out of the list now. ... Did you try to make a manual install of the Yamaha AC-XG? ... The sound is enabled and uninstalling the Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)