Good Bye Asus

Hi,

Anyone else have this issue? I have Vista 32bit. I have an Asus P5B
motherboard. It has that all wonderful Jmicron controller (1.06.59
version).

Anyhow, I cannot seem to get the eSata port on the back to recognize
anything. It works, the BIOS sees the external drive plugged in, but
Vista sees nothing.

I cannot seem to find a fix for this or anything........can anyone
help? Anyone have this issue?

Worst case is I need to spend another $300+ to buy a different brand
motherboard and chip that will properly support esata........

Regards

  • Re: Good Bye Asus
    ... I have Vista 32bit. ... It has that all wonderful Jmicron controller (1.06.59 ... motherboard and chip that will properly support esata........ ... Now you have another thread running about a non-functioning eSata ...
  • Re: Memory Advice Please - ASUS P5B Deluxe
    ... Your motherboard, while using a 32 bit operating system such as Vista ... Business, will only recognize 3.2 GB of the 4 GB you are planning on using. ... Asus Extreme 7600GS Silent 256MB DDR2 ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Can XP be run from an alternate HD on a Vista PC?
    ... I have done motherboard, HD and other device replacement on OEM Edition XP ... on XP and Vista both) to set up the boot files correctly or you will only ... be able to boot into XP once you have run the repair install. ...
  • Re: OT win7 driver question
    ... Asus motherboard needs an Nforce2 driver for the onboard network ... Asus doesn't have even a Vista driver and the XP one doesn't ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: PlZ HELP - WIN VISTA UPGRADE HELP NEEDED...?
    ... I want to upgrade to Win Vista, ... Which motherboard will be suitable for me to ... You need a big RAM upgrade for starters. ...