Re: Need help with ATT USB 881 Sierra Wireless

Does that mean they don't have a Vista driver? If not, it's time to buy another device that does. It may be possible to use the XP drivers, if they have them, but usually that does not work or work well.

When it is plugged in, check device manager for any devices that have a yellow triangle next to them. Check the properties of that device. If it is you wireless device, uninstall the driver, unplug the device, and reboot the machine. Then plug in the device and Vista should see it and reinstall the drivers - IF it has drivers for it.

Good luck.

"Ghost Hunter" wrote in message news:%23kYDmO5GJHA.3628@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I plug in the Wireless USB device into the USB port, Everything locks up. Works great with XP. ATT&T has no answer. Any help would be appreciated. This is on a NEW HP Desktop computer. Everything else works fineThanks:

  • dell quickset
    ... Vista 32-bit on a ... I have the synaptics touchpad v 6.3 as described. ... jsabin6 wrote: ... Problem persisted after removing graphics drivers, ...
  • Re: Blue AScreen System_Service_Exception
    ... There are some great helpers including a lot of IT pros, on these groups, who have long experience with Windows and operate at a very professional level. ... Perhaps Win Vista has settled down and will give to me a break from the concern of another crash? ... The F8 options in Vista are the same as XP, and the link for Safe Mode Boot ... Make sure all your drivers fro devices are the most recent the manufacturer offers compatible with Vista, but Windows Update should be doing this job in most cases. ...
  • Re: Video Error
    ... I suggest that you try the latest Vista Beta driver from the Hauppauge ... WebSite for your 150 card instead instead of the one you got from Vista ... I was able to install the XP drivers for my Radeon 7000. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Blue AScreen System_Service_Exception
    ... bootrec /Rebuild BCD ... The F8 options in Vista are the same as XP, and the link for Safe Mode Boot ... Make sure all your drivers fro devices are the most recent the manufacturer offers compatible with Vista, but Windows Update should be doing this job in most cases. ...