RE: Driver needed for Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 3

The two drives required for this scanner are usbscan.sys and ksthunk.sys.
Both drivers are from Microsoft and are located in the
"C:/windows/system32/drivers/" directory.

"tombster" wrote:

I have this 35mm film/slide scanner that attaches with a USB cable that
works under XP but not Vista (64).

Vista can't find the driver even when I point to to it in the
Windows/system32/driver folder (usbscan.sys).

Is there something else I can use.

Vista reports an error when it tries to find the driver but the fix (64-bit
KB940199) suggested by "Problem Reports and Solutions" runs but gives a
message that the fix is not needed and aborts the install.

This film scanner is not that old and should run in 32bit mode if a driver
can be found.

Any help would be appreciated.

  • older scanners and Vista
    ... When I recently got a Dell with Vista I was disappointed to find out that my HP 4570c scanner wasn't going to find a happy home on the new PC- HP has chosen to abandon that scanner- yes, they do offer a striped down driver that will simply do a scan and send it to graphics programs for further work- but they won't offer the full Director program- which it turns out is violently in conflict with Vista's IE7 browser. ... I'm hesitant to install anything on my new PC until I have some idea that it will work OK without introducing problems to the PC. ...
    (comp.periphs.scanners)
  • Re: No fix for Epson scanner and Vista
    ... You misunderstand, Vista is not incompatible with the scanner, the scanner ... scanner that Epson doesn't provide a Vista driver for. ... Epson hasn't provided an updated Windows driver for it since 2002, ...
  • Re: Apple Leopard
    ... wait weeks to get the particular driver necessary for your printer. ... Vista, which I ... Windows Movie Maker is the pits. ... (Witness my scanner). ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: HP scanjet 4570c, IE7 and Vista
    ... is incompatible with IE7. ... software for that scanner if you have IE7 installed (such as on all Vista ... HP really sucks for not making a driver for this scanner- and all the other ...
    (comp.periphs.scanners)
  • Re: No scanner to choose by using MS Office Document Scanning
    ... I had to purchase a new scanner when I switched from 98SE to XP and again when I switched from XP to Vista. ... Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" ... scanner driver for MS Vista after I was searching Konica Minolta's official ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)