RE: Driver needed for Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 3
- From: tombster <tombster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 09:08:01 -0700
The two drives required for this scanner are usbscan.sys and ksthunk.sys.
Both drivers are from Microsoft and are located in the
I have this 35mm film/slide scanner that attaches with a USB cable that
works under XP but not Vista (64).
Vista can't find the driver even when I point to to it in the
Windows/system32/driver folder (usbscan.sys).
Is there something else I can use.
Vista reports an error when it tries to find the driver but the fix (64-bit
KB940199) suggested by "Problem Reports and Solutions" runs but gives a
message that the fix is not needed and aborts the install.
This film scanner is not that old and should run in 32bit mode if a driver
can be found.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Re: Why doens't ATI post new drivers to Windows Update/ Update Catalog
- Next by Date: Dual head video card requires both mon turned on during boot
- Previous by thread: RE: Driver needed for Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 3
- Next by thread: Re: Graphics cards crash when using 3D