Re: Vista not detecting Monitor's built-in webcam

"Jimmy Hsu" <jimmyhsu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eOSXUB6GJHA.3640@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am using Vista Home Premium 32 bit OS on a 24" HP w2448hc display (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/382087-382087-3284302-215012-215012-3454237-3733149.html).

The webcam and mike are built into the display and located at the top middle part of the display. I installed the display drivers. However, when I opened Skype and try adjusting the video settings, the Webcam is not detected. On the other hand, when I hooked up a Creative Technologies' external webcam to my PC, Vista detected it at once even though I didn't even installed the Creative drivers.

How do I activate the built-in webcam? Thks for help

I'm using a HP Pavilion Elite m9398d PC, with Duo Core Quad 9300 2.5 GH, GeForce 9600 GS with 4mb RAM.

The HP support pages for the HP w2448hc mention the webcam and microphone as features on "select models". Have you followed the instructions on pages 4-10 and 4-11 to install the separate drivers and software for the Cyberlink Youcam?

  • RE: USB audio
    ... Have you strictly follow the instructions for how to install the webcam ... Download the latest XP compatible drivers from logitech.com and save it ... Check to ensure you have installed Direct X 9.0 or above before install ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: USB audio
    ... seems to me that it is a Windows XP SP2 specific issue because I have ... What I think I need is a way to get XP to install the default USB audio ... drivers somehow. ... None of the devices I have, except the Webcam, came with a CD. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: webcam Manhattan Fun!Cam
    ... I used it maybe 2 months and then webcam was packed into the box. ... I tried to install it on two different machines so it's strange that before ... for the web cam but also XP drivers and not 9x drivers? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Video Cam setup
    ... I have uninstalled the 2nd disc that has the Webcam ... Documentation and drivers ......the other says webcam drivers and webcam ... If I uninstall the first one will I be able to install it ... Would it take the monitor picture away? ...
  • All USB drivers not installing
    ... i seem to be having problems installing any usb drivers. ... webcam suite first. ... install them but it just stays on that screen n does not progress to install ...