Re: Vista not detecting Monitor's built-in webcam

"Jimmy Hsu" <jimmyhsu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eOSXUB6GJHA.3640@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am using Vista Home Premium 32 bit OS on a 24" HP w2448hc display (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/382087-382087-3284302-215012-215012-3454237-3733149.html).

The webcam and mike are built into the display and located at the top middle part of the display. I installed the display drivers. However, when I opened Skype and try adjusting the video settings, the Webcam is not detected. On the other hand, when I hooked up a Creative Technologies' external webcam to my PC, Vista detected it at once even though I didn't even installed the Creative drivers.

How do I activate the built-in webcam? Thks for help

I'm using a HP Pavilion Elite m9398d PC, with Duo Core Quad 9300 2.5 GH, GeForce 9600 GS with 4mb RAM.

The HP support pages for the HP w2448hc mention the webcam and microphone as features on "select models". Have you followed the instructions on pages 4-10 and 4-11 to install the separate drivers and software for the Cyberlink Youcam?

.