Re: Why doens't ATI post new drivers to Windows Update/ Update Catalog

All the windows cert means is that the drivers can be installed and that they do not violate any windows security. MS does not certify that the drivers work as documented.
"md" <mdkrantz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e02ef523-7e39-4ec6-9f9a-c877af9b1b36@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I see. Had a couple of follow-up questions that are related to this

I've noticed that when I import MS-DVR files into Windows Movie Maker,
I get audio, but no video.

1. Is it possible that the later ATI driver might fix this?
2. Is it worth the risk of installing a driver that's not Windows
3. If you're not able to use Windows Update, how do you uninstall the
old driver before installing the new one?