Re: Why doens't ATI post new drivers to Windows Update/ Update Catalog

All the windows cert means is that the drivers can be installed and that they do not violate any windows security. MS does not certify that the drivers work as documented.
"md" <mdkrantz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e02ef523-7e39-4ec6-9f9a-c877af9b1b36@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I see. Had a couple of follow-up questions that are related to this
matter.

I've noticed that when I import MS-DVR files into Windows Movie Maker,
I get audio, but no video.

1. Is it possible that the later ATI driver might fix this?
2. Is it worth the risk of installing a driver that's not Windows
certified?
3. If you're not able to use Windows Update, how do you uninstall the
old driver before installing the new one?

Thanks!

  • Re: Stop error 0x0000007B
    ... when reinstalling with my XP SP2 CD, apparently the driver for the hard ... correct driver to a floppy and then installed it by pressing F6. ... Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the ... when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: USB Drive not recognized - Driving me crazy!!!
    ... versions except for the Hotfix versions mentioned by the Microsoft ... machines where the system wants to look for a driver then can't find one. ... I am having a very similar problem installing a USB phone for a USB 2.0 port ... There is a software problem and mine was caused by Windows Update. ...
  • Re: Error 0xc0000034 - Unable to Load Device Driver
    ... Windows cannot determine the settings for this device. ... An invalid device driver can cause this behavior. ... | shows the name of the sound driver). ... I tried installing in safe mode, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)
  • Re: cannot install Epson Stylus scanner driver *error code 39*
    ... THEN AS SOON AS WINDOWS DESKTOP CAME-UP, ... DO NOT EVER UNISTALL A LOGITECH WEBCAM. ... I even tried installing the drivers on a friend's laptop and it worked. ... Its just too weird that it allows me to install the printer driver, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: TOT: Bloody new computers (This is off-topic! if offended, do not read)
    ... Don't expect Windows to boot if you do. ... can get around that several ways such as installing the registration hack ... The monitor should have come with a driver disk. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)