Re: Vista Business updates don't like RAID1

I'm no expert on RAID, but that is the advice I was given. Also, it is not a good idea to backup the operating system to a RAID drive either. As to investing, I presume it will be an expense, and perhaps you have a smaller drive around that can be used for this. It only takes about 15 GB. So there may be no cost at all. In any event, good luck.

"Ashish" <Ashish.3g1wj8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Ashish.3g1wj8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hmm. So you think I should invest in another hard drive? :(

--
Ashish
Ashish's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=5

  • Re: sendmail compromised - Somebody help me!
    ... reload a _secure_ operating system, and then restore the data from ... backup. ... You came here for advice. ... Heck, no. Put plainly, you're _incompetent_. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: RAID Setup with Offline Spare
    ... I hear what you are saying that RAID is not a backup system. ... There are many ways to lose data - hard disk failure is only one situation. ... RAID can't do point-in-time snapshots or backups. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: RAIDING different size drives
    ... failure regardless of what what happens when part of it fails. ... Having no experience with windows software raid, I did not know if there were any complications involved. ... But I am now happy to hear that recovery from failure in this situation is straightforward, and therefore this sort of raid setup does offer useful protection. ... That's why testing your restore procedure is so vital - many people believe they have good backup procedures, but have problems when they have to do a restore. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Wiederherstellung RAID-Backup
    ... fertige dann endlich ein komplettes Backup an und bewahre es gut ... Anwendungszweck besser, wenn man nicht nur auf Prestige "Raid5" setzt, ... Experimente mit Softwareerweiterungen auf dem Raid wenn das Backup ... Dazu muestest Du die Firmware des Raid gut genug kennen. ...
    (de.comp.hardware.laufwerke.festplatten)
  • Re: RAID Setup with Offline Spare
    ... My intent is to use RAID 1 to be an efficient disk cloner. ... I hear what you are saying that RAID is not a backup system. ... I'm slightly confused here - when I think of a point-in-time snapshot ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)