Re: CD Question

On Sep 20, 4:12 pm, Paul Montgomery <i.m.nonnym...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 13:55:49 -0700 (PDT), e...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I cannot find anything on ASUS's site, nothing at all.........

Google Belarc Advisor.  Run it and look to see what it says about your
mobo.

Ran the program.....nothing....no IDE anything........Re-installing an
Intel chipset right now.  If that does not work...well, reinstall
time.....

It should have told you the model of your mobo!

Yes, it did, but no CD ROM / DVD stuff:

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5B Rev 1.xx
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1202 03/27/2007

  • Re: Motherboard died - can I transfer my OEM MCE license?
    ... I agree it would be a violation of the licence agreement, but technically, I believe it can be done in small volume. ... Then install both PCs with the same OS and key and activated the OS. ... So if your MOBO failed then the Product Key you have can not be used again unless it is used for a MOBO replacement with the same make/model MOBO. ... since 3 years of updates just took forever to reinstall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Motherboard died - can I transfer my OEM MCE license?
    ... While this isn't really the right form to get into a debate about how activation works, you can have systems with identical parts, however, there are many unique identifiers that will be different that Windows activation utilizes. ... Then install both PCs with the same OS and key and activated the OS. ... So if your MOBO failed then the Product Key you have can not be used again unless it is used for a MOBO replacement with the same make/model MOBO. ... since 3 years of updates just took forever to reinstall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Motherboard died - can I transfer my OEM MCE license?
    ... Whether it will work or not is irrelevant, it's a violation if the EULA to do it, it's up to the OP as to whether he cares about that or not. ... Then install both PCs with the same OS and key and activated the OS. ... So if your MOBO failed then the Product Key you have can not be used again unless it is used for a MOBO replacement with the same make/model MOBO. ... since 3 years of updates just took forever to reinstall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Upgrading Mobo/CPU
    ... How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install ... upgrade the mobo and CPU in my existing XP Pro box. ... I've been told I'll have to reinstall the OS, ... | After I replace the mobo and CPU and plug everything back in, when I boot ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP keeps rebooting
    ... Had to reformat and reinstall. ... weird sound before the mobo beep. ... This is a repair that costs under $5.00. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)