Vista Business updates don't like RAID1

One machine in my office is used as a file server i.e. all files by all
the staff members are stored in that machine. I have installed *licensed
Vista Business* in that machine. Yeah, I am brave (or is that called
stupid?) :p

For data safety, I have *RAID1* in that machine (RAID card and two HDs
*mirroring* the data).

Many times after update, Vista cannot recognise RAID and therefore
cannot boot. I have to boot from the DVD and re-install RAID card
drivers :( :rolleyes:

Any solution to this?

--
Ashish
Ashish's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=5

  • Re: [SLE] toilet seat server (1)
    ... On Wednesday 5 October 2005 01:25, Mike McMullin wrote: ... > I usually only boot my file server when I need access to the files on ... case they can mount it under their normal account... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [9fans] setting up a differnet keyboard
    ... boot could find it before reaching the file server. ... it be beter to attach to the server and then do the kbmapstuff ?? ... reason kbmap() was added in the boot code (by Francisco Ballesteros, ...
    (comp.os.plan9)
  • Re: [9fans] Shiva/Guru Plug Support
    ... cpu's and boot from a file server (x86 laptop auth+cpu+fs). ... i've had the most problems with power supplies on both models; ...
    (comp.os.plan9)
  • Re: [9fans] broken floating point exceptions and fpregs
    ... how does this implementation differ from the ... that's just a fossil-supporting kernel. ... you can also boot from a ... file server over il or tcp. ...
    (comp.os.plan9)
  • Re: How to delete corrupted file?
    ... Pegasus (MVP) wrote: ... A user has managed to put a corrupted report file to one file server ... I would boot the machine into the Recovery Console or else with a Bart PE ...