Re: please help~which notebook should i choose?

"lamsingsing" <lam.singsing@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I wonder which notebook i should choose...
Q40P is way lighter but performance-wise it is obviously slower than Q210
i want my notebook to be light
i am currently using LG R400H running C2D T5300, 2Gb 667MHz Ram and it is
2.2Kg
everytime i take my notebook out, it would be like killing me,
because I live in HongKong, I needa walk a lot...(most ppl in HongKong
can't
drive)
carrying a heavy notebook on the street all day long is not very wise...
but i as well dun want to have a computer which is too slow...
what's the point buying a computer which can't do things after all...

So, could any1 please kindly help sugest which to buy?
Thx a lot

1. Samsung Q40P
core solo U1500 (1.33GHz)
1Gb 666MHz (2X 512Mb)
80Gb 1.8"HDD (4200rpm)
supermulti dual layer
Bluetooth,
10/100/100 LAN,
v.92modem
802.11a/b/g wireless
12.1" WXVA
onboard graphics
1.2Kg
(the price i can get: ~US$883)

2. Samsung Q210
core solo P7359 (2.1GHz)
1Gb 800MHz (1X 1GB)
120Gb SATA
supermulti dual layer
Bluetooth,
10/100/100 LAN,
v.92modem
802.11b/g wireless
12.1" WXVA
onboard graphics
1.3M webcam
HDMI i/O
1.95Kg
(the price i can get: ~US$793)

Lets see, # 2, larger hard drive, faster processor, faster RAM, webcam, HDMI
possibilities all for .75 KG (1.65 lbs) more weight and cheaper too. Sounds
like a no brainer to me. I would go for more RAM if possible if you are
planning on running Vista. Probably enough for most applications with XP
operating system.

This system is apparently not available in the US and I can't read Korean or
Chinese to get the other specs on the laptops in question. The only thing
Samsung sells in the US is one type of tablet PC with different processors
and features.

  • Re: Samsung R509-Aura T3200 Damiko
    ... wenn dies noch eine Webcam hätte wäre es Ideal denke ich. ... Vista Home Premium, WLAN, LAN heutzutage schon mindestens ein Notebook haben ... Die Ausstattung vom Medimax Samsung: ...
    (de.comp.sys.notebooks)
  • Erfahrungsbericht: Samsung Service
    ... Bei Samsung angerufen, es war blitzschnell eine nette Frau am Telefon, ... packt das Notebook in nen speziellen Karton und weg. ... Prev by Date: ... Next by Date: ...
    (de.comp.sys.notebooks)
  • 14.1" Marken-Notebooks?
    ... Nachdem sich die Reparatur meines defekten R40 vermutlich nicht lohnen ... dessen Service den Namen auch verdient. ... Samsung Q35: ... Abgesehen vielleicht vom MacBook habe ich sonst noch kein Notebook ...
    (de.comp.sys.notebooks)
  • Re: Erfahrungsbericht: Samsung Service
    ... Dank der Hilfe hier in der Newsgroup habe ich dann schluss endlich rausgefunden, was das Problem meines Samsung X20 1600 III war: der RAM war kaputt und produzierte haufenweise Fehler. ... Bei Samsung angerufen, es war blitzschnell eine nette Frau am Telefon, die alles erklärt hat. ... Das Notebook ohne Akku bereithalten, zwischen Display und Tastatur die Rechnung und ein Formular klemmen. ... Einzig allein der Typ raffte nciht ganz wieder Karton funktionierte, ...
    (de.comp.sys.notebooks)
  • Re: Popping in speakers
    ... (they are external, I have a notebook) ... >not the speakers I am sure, I wonder if there is a USB ... Is there a USB update that I may need or could ... faster processor. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.music)