vista x64 will not boot from hard drive, restore, or from dvd driv

I had a problem with my dvd-r/rw (tsst ts t633a dvd-r/rw) not being ID'ed in
device manager. I used the troubeshooting procedure for the HP Touch smart IQ
506 I
have and tried to do a system restore, The first restore completed but did
not solve
the drive problem. I went back further in the restore and the system will
not boot.
It's now stuck at the black screen, with the green load bars running, as if
it were loading, no harddisk activity light. The dvd drive does not ID
recovery dvd. The
restore/ recovery (F11) does not respond. When I get to the recovery screen
it will
not respond to any command, safe mode repair, normal load....etc. I have
gotten a
"RAMDISK SETTINGS" ? Ant Ideas ?

  • Re: I keep losing restore points!
    ... No,I haven't used Disc Cleanup or any other disc cleanup program that ... any affect on system restore points. ... factory recovery or recovery with automatic data backup,and I chose ... right now is with the system restore and occasionally internet explorer ...
  • Re: Error Message
    ... You will see a performance decrease because of this, but if the corrupt ... Logon to another account with admin privilege and run System Restore. ... Choose the most recent restore point and SR should restore the user hives. ... My problem is NOT the> recovery. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Recovery partition on an HP
    ... installed and a recovery partition D: from which I can restore Windows in case of malfunctioning due tipically to malware. ... Do you mean the system restore feature in XP? ... Yes if a restore point is infected then the way to get rid of that is disable System Restore which causes all restore points to be deleted. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Help with System Recovery, please!!!
    ... I couldn't find a way to get into system restore without the ... I went ahead and tried the recovery disks I made when I bought the ... decided to do a system recovery hitting the F10 key. ...