Re: Problems with external hard drive in Windows Vista

"lovehunter" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:13708ab34b34eea0fdc7b437b1e99111@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Everything is turned on. I occasionally get a blue flashing light on the
front of the drive.

--
lovehunter

The easiest way to solve a USB error code 10 in Windows XP is to follow the steps below to remove and reinstall all USB controllers.
A. Click on Start
B. Right Click on My Computer, click on Properties
C.Click on the Hardware tab
D. Click the Device Manager button.
E. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers section.
F. Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
G. Restart the computer, and allow the computer to reinstall the USB controllers.
H. Plug in the removable USB storage device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Credit to http://www.pchell.com/hardware/usbcode10.shtml

  • Re: My USB SP2 fix
    ... I have 6 USB devices that were connected to this PC before the SP2 update ... Class: Universal Serial Bus controllers ... Device Drivers: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: USB Hard Drive loses its USB connection constantly
    ... Each device is on it's own USB port. ... Class: Universal Serial Bus controllers ... No resources used. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Finding an updated XP driver for USB 1.1 port
    ... Im at the current maintenance level for IBM and Microsoft. ... The Universal Serial Bus Controllers and Standard Universal PCI to USB ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Motherboard Manual - KOB 693 DCS
    ... following under Universal Serial Bus controllers: ... # USB Root Hub ... # VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: How do I fix a Vista WMI EventID 10 problem?
    ... I have tried your suggestion but it does not resolve my problem. ... The easiest way to solve a error code 10 in Windows Vista is to follow the steps below to remove and reinstall all USB controllers. ... F. Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time. ... TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > ...