WMC cannot detect IR Hardware

I have a TV Tuner card on my new HP Pavilion Elite m9398d Desktop PC. I'm trying to set up Vista's Windows Media Center to work with the HP Remote Control that came with the HP PC. WMC detected the TV signals from my Cable Set top Box with no problems. However, it kept insisting that the IR hardware is not detected. Hence, I've not been able to set up the HP Remote. Someone said I needed the eHome IR driver for the Remote to detect the built in IR hardware. Then another person said Vista has built in this in the OS already. I'm utterly confused. In any case, I've tried googling for this eHome driver (for Vista) without success. Any help. Thanks

  • Re: WMC cannot detect IR Hardware
    ... In addition to the MC IR receiver built into or separate from your desktop you also have to have an IR blaster connected so it can control the STB. ... I'm trying to set up Vista's Windows Media Center to work with the HP Remote Control that came with the HP PC. ... I've tried googling for this eHome driver (for Vista) without success. ...
  • Re: Vista Home Premium cant RDP to Server2003 from Internet
    ... the reason I asked about the port and about the RDP client setting on ... it's tempting to think that it's Vista that's making the ... telnet to the port from an XP PC that can remote into the server. ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ...
  • Re: Monitor wont come on after power save mode
    ... Unfortunately I don't have access to the remote machine so my only real option at this point is to try to troubleshoot from my side. ... I've found a couple of people with my problem (Vista and XP) but the folks replying to them are giving them ideas about the machine waking up from sleep, ... and once it's unlocked the screen turns on. ... remote to my desktop and unlock it. ...
  • Re: Home Network Dilemma
    ... Remote Desktop Connection looks like all I'll need to do the trick if it ... If I can use the Vista machine to access email and ... I think they are talking about the type of connection allowed. ...
  • Re: remote access to OSX from XP?
    ... from an XP machine connected over the Internet? ... Easy way to do it the _first_ time is to connect your Mac and PC ... some features there are missing because Vista is a new OS, ... be at the remote PC to manually clear the modal window. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.comm)