WMC cannot detect IR Hardware

I have a TV Tuner card on my new HP Pavilion Elite m9398d Desktop PC. I'm trying to set up Vista's Windows Media Center to work with the HP Remote Control that came with the HP PC. WMC detected the TV signals from my Cable Set top Box with no problems. However, it kept insisting that the IR hardware is not detected. Hence, I've not been able to set up the HP Remote. Someone said I needed the eHome IR driver for the Remote to detect the built in IR hardware. Then another person said Vista has built in this in the OS already. I'm utterly confused. In any case, I've tried googling for this eHome driver (for Vista) without success. Any help. Thanks

.