Re: Laptop cannot restart; I hate vista, please help

Hi,

Seems problem may your McAfee - I would get rid of it after getting
back into the pc.

You could try powering it down , unplug it , take the batteries out ,
leave it 20 mins ,then try again.

If that doesn't work , you will need some kind of cd to boot into it .
First thing is contact Lenovo - they will probably send a copy of the
recovery cd - I know HP do this - you need one long term so definitely
ask for it even if you manage to get in some other way.

If you have access to a working pc - looks like you do, you could make
your own recovery cd

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/141820-create-recovery-disc.html

Hope this helps

SIW2

--
SIW2

  • Re: Another Vista Problem(Index.dat)
    ... evven if you manage to somehow get rid of the index.dat in a Windows ... recovery stuff in my day so I do know of where I speak. ... it's entirely possible that the OP ~is~ a forensics guy. ...
  • RE: Oh god, Please help me!
    ... reinstall XP without losing HD files..may get rid of some registry entries ... >> HELP in recovery might get more info. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • A problem during start up
    ... When my BSD system starts, it will pause some time for the recovery of vi. ... I don't know why this happens and how can I get rid of it. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Boot up problem
    ... I was doing a recovery from my cd and just after it had ... default one is to continue the recovery or i can highlight normal startup. ... If i don't hit any key it goes into the recovery startup and can't find the ... So my question is how can i get rid of the option for recovery at bootup so ...