Re: About Vista Format

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:54:10 -0500, trikat <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I found a Microsoft help and support site that states Vista format
command writes zeros with a full format.
'Change in the behavior of the format command in Windows Vista'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941961)

Is a full format ran by default when quick format is not checked?
Also is formatting the drive from right clicking on the drive and from
computer management the same thing?
Is the command prompt "format X:" a full format, and if it is a full
format would that be the exact same thing as formatting via Vista (not
cmd) and "format X: /p:passes" (in cmd).
I used this site for Vista Format commands, 'Vista's FORMAT Command |
ITsVISTA' (http://itsvista.com/2007/03/format/)

I am just trying to find an alternate way to "wipe" the drive without
downloading programs or using a boot method. Besides WDC data tools
Windows doesn't work with x64 at the moment.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941961

  • Re: Where does fmtutil get its inputs?
    ... Here I first look into fmtutil.cnf to see that the 'latex' format ... uses the pdfetex engine. ... the command - thanks. ... been able to work out what texconfig does exactly, ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • when section heading at top of page, top margin wrong!
    ... For a thesis, my university requires a top margin of 1" throughout, ... % and format the table of contents. ... \doublespacing % command from setspace package to invoke double ... reduce vertical space by 7pt. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Debug.exe for win32
    ... Format is: n) e address t=n ... Display the debug registers. ... R DRx command. ... The help output can be limited by specifying the first letterof the ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: MacBook Pro with a new weird AWFUL bug
    ... is an ATSUI crash. ... command-z after every alignement command. ... You should then be able to format within whole ... publisher of the font and the date and version number of the font file). ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: CKD commands and PDS writing
    ... I wouldn't call Format Write the complement of Read Track. ... specific command, and Format Write is a process employed by several different ... commands in IBM's control unit reference manuals, ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)