About Vista Format

I found a Microsoft help and support site that states Vista format
command writes zeros with a full format.
'Change in the behavior of the format command in Windows Vista'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941961)

Is a full format ran by default when quick format is not checked?
Also is formatting the drive from right clicking on the drive and from
computer management the same thing?
Is the command prompt "format X:" a full format, and if it is a full
format would that be the exact same thing as formatting via Vista (not
cmd) and "format X: /p:passes" (in cmd).
I used this site for Vista Format commands, 'Vista's FORMAT Command |
ITsVISTA' (http://itsvista.com/2007/03/format/)

I am just trying to find an alternate way to "wipe" the drive without
downloading programs or using a boot method. Besides WDC data tools
Windows doesn't work with x64 at the moment.

--
trikat

  • Re: XP wont boot from a volume formated in WinPE 2 (Vista)
    ... I didn't use Diskpart to format, I used the Format command. ... WinPE 2 documentation but I will try it tomorrow. ...
  • For Tumbleweed...
    ... 4K clusters all over it,faster PC would work.And when you constantly ... And about that command line format switch "a " option that God knows how ... format command there doesn't have "a" switch. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Faded Image Behind Text
    ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... "Dennis Hughes" wrote in message ... > format command, but when I reduce the image's brightness to fade it, the ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)
  • Re: JFS Format /L fails...
    ... I'm attempting to format a 90 Gig JFS partition. ... big enough for the format command to run long enough. ... The 'Total lost states' shows '2524 BUSY' value. ...
    (comp.os.os2.setup.storage)
  • Re: JFS Format /L fails...
    ... I'm attempting to format a 90 Gig JFS partition. ... As I leave the format command window running, the occasional system 'freeze' comes back and I can see these BUSY counts increasing. ...
    (comp.os.os2.setup.storage)