Re: cd drives don't function

And you can also check the the system setup, to check if the drives are
getting detected. Because once you uninstall the drive from device
manager you should get the drive back after a restart. If the drive is
not shown in BIOS as well then re-seat the cables. But make sure you do
that gently, as the cables are a bit delicate. And if you have a IDE
hard drive then you can also try to swap the optical drive cables with
the hdd. To check if the cables are working fine or not.

Hope it helps

--
tanuj_chadha

Tanuj

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. - Karl
Marx :geek:

  • Re: Company network slowdown
    ... Cables hanging from the overhead were standard. ... >tower because the automagic VSWR meter relay had failed to start the ... >transportable between different drives and error rate was very low. ... I avoided UHF connectors and right angle adapters. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: M3A and ATAPI
    ... in the way my hard drives are connected. ... How can I measure my real transfer rate (as opposed to determining my ... For SATA cables, those are point to point, and there is no ... I started a burn on a USB optical drive, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Buffer overrun and "Trend chipaway Virus (R) on guard"!?
    ... If you have one drive on the cable, it goes on the end connector. ... they mention "Master Only" as the jumper choice. ... When using two drives, one drive is master, the other drive slave. ... The 80 wire cables also typically support "Cable_Select" jumpering. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: M3A and ATAPI
    ... There are several pictures of the same wire; ... disconnected all of the cables. ... jumpers on them but I didn't take any pictures of the hard drives. ... gives excellent signal integrity and no CRC errors. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: "error loading operating system"
    ... I generally try to use 80 wire cables (because the signal ... it would be jumpered as Master. ... Since the drives are the only thing on the ... Cable_Select is an alternative jumpering method, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)