New hard drive not showing up!!!

I recently bought an extra internal hard drive for my computer - which
runs windows vista. I installed it and put the power cable and SATA
cable in and it shows up in Device Manager. But it doesn't show up in
my computer as an additional hard drive. I believe I have to format it
or something. How do I do that?

--
scubafanatic
scubafanatic's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=444

  • SATA Controller to Backplane
    ... I've already posted once that I've bought this Proliant ML150 G3 server, ... hot-plug backplane is too short to reach the connectors. ... So I'm looking for an SATA cable from the backplane to 4x ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • RE: Freaky Unmountable_Boot_Volume error - Dell Dimension 8400
    ... I ran all the diagnostics from Western Digital and all return ... > So I bought a new WD 160GB SATA, took out the Maxtor, stuck in the WD. ...
  • Re: External hard disk question
    ... thought was a bad drive on my second computer. ... originally bought as a SATA and is described as such on the box. ... What you need is a USB disk enclosure which has an interface that is correct ... I bought mine at CompUSA, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Fedora 8 on laptop lenovo T61P
    ... Boot Windows and make sure the wireless works. ... When I bought that laptop, it was shipped with Windows Vista. ... Device: Supported: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, ExtTag- ...
    (Fedora)
  • New HD isnt showing
    ... Bought an OEM Samsung SpinPoint hard drive. ... Computer When I enabled the drive (connector #1) in the BIOS, ... Hardware Wizard didn't detect new hardware. ... the drive without the SATA cable connected. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)