cd drives don't function

Please help me - both my CD rom and CD write stopped working. When I asked for advice from HP, I received the wrong instructions from someone who was probably an amateur who instructed me to uninstall both drives in Device Manager resulting in disappeaance of both my drives from the Device Manager and I have no idea how to find them so that I can reinstall them and hope that they will work.

Please help me!!!

Thanks.

Raya

  • Re: cd drives dont function
    ... Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others ... I received the wrong instructions from someone who was ... Manager resulting in disappeaance of both my drives from the Device Manager ...
  • Re: Anway to use Outlook Exp from an external drive ?
    ... account on that computer to do all the configuring in these instructions. ... On your external drive create a folder called "My Mail" or other convenient ... removable drives you have installed. ...
  • Re: Anway to use Outlook Exp from an external drive ?
    ... Since you want to use somebody else's computer, you will require a user account on that computer to do all the configuring in these instructions. ... Using a guest account or the owners account will make changes to those accounts and give them access to your email and address book if you leave the hard drive plugged in while they use the computer. ... If the various computers have mail folders with common names either rename them or move the messages to a new folder with a unique name. ... The drive letter may be different on each computer depending upon the number of physical, logical, virtual and removable drives you have installed. ...
  • Re: Struggling with an A3000 + Hard Disc
    ... "Castle Technologies ABAELR". ... The instructions that came with it were very brief, ... actual disk geometry of *all* my discs) it gives me the following warning: ... I've tried using FDISK on the drives partitioning them small, ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.hardware)
  • Re: Install shield problems creates an executable file that goes away after half a second
    ... That advice is accurate but woefully incomplete. ... instructions, but only following partially. ... ** HIDE WINDOW standard ... SET SYSMENU TO DEFAULT ...