How to remove device driver files?

I need to experiment with different versions of a display driver because the microsoft default driver has missing functionality and the OEM version is not vista certified and the latest XP version does not work, so I need to try the previous versions and some modded drivers as well.

Each time I installed and then uninstalled a driver, some files get deposited in the windows folder that never goes away. I don't want to cumulate junk that may also conflict with other drivers. Is there an easy way to remove all the driver files after testing?

  • Re: Windows 2003 installation on a naked Dell 1850 w/o floppy
    ... I tried to install Windows 2003 server standard edition on it. ... I need to use F6 to install Perc 4e/si driver since the ... SCSI driver files over using HP Drive Key Utility, ...
  • Re: USB port not working for mouse
    ... When I looked at the Driver File Details for the Contour Mouse in the ... The last driver I could find reference to for the Contour Perfit, ... I couldn't examine that file with 7ZIP, and had to install it to have ... but I can't really tell that from the driver files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Ruhezustand bei Arbeitsspeicher von =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=FCber_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?1_GB
    ... ob es dort irgendwelche Zeilen mit "OEM" gibt und diese ... OEM file scan used 203 ticks ... ignoring any OEM driver files. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: 32-bit verses 64-bit printer drivers
    ... Also, for part 1, I understand the concept that the driver files must have ... from the same server? ... Is this something that Windows Server supports? ...
  • NT4Srv/2KClient - Printer Upgrade
    ... I have an inquiry pertaining to upgrading Kernel-mode Printer Drivers in a WinNT4 Server-Win2K Client environment. ... When I do the upgrade, some printer driver files on the client are not updated. ... Both models share the same Kernel-mode driver files but the model/driver names are different. ...