How to remove device driver files?

I need to experiment with different versions of a display driver because the microsoft default driver has missing functionality and the OEM version is not vista certified and the latest XP version does not work, so I need to try the previous versions and some modded drivers as well.

Each time I installed and then uninstalled a driver, some files get deposited in the windows folder that never goes away. I don't want to cumulate junk that may also conflict with other drivers. Is there an easy way to remove all the driver files after testing?

  • Re: Windows 2003 installation on a naked Dell 1850 w/o floppy
    ... I tried to install Windows 2003 server standard edition on it. ... I need to use F6 to install Perc 4e/si driver since the ... SCSI driver files over using HP Drive Key Utility, ...
  • Re: USB port not working for mouse
    ... When I looked at the Driver File Details for the Contour Mouse in the ... The last driver I could find reference to for the Contour Perfit, ... I couldn't examine that file with 7ZIP, and had to install it to have ... but I can't really tell that from the driver files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Ruhezustand bei Arbeitsspeicher von =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=FCber_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?1_GB
    ... ob es dort irgendwelche Zeilen mit "OEM" gibt und diese ... OEM file scan used 203 ticks ... ignoring any OEM driver files. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Non-Administrator Device Installation
    ... When I say "uninstalling", I mean not just unplugging it, but triggering the process that will remove the devnode either via SetupAPI ... So if you're copying your driver files in Installshield or something, be prepared for lots of weird behaviors. ... If we ever find ourselves in the situation where a reboot is not desirable during an upgrade of a PnP device, ...
  • Re: 32-bit verses 64-bit printer drivers
    ... Also, for part 1, I understand the concept that the driver files must have ... from the same server? ... Is this something that Windows Server supports? ...