Re: Problems with external hard drive in Windows Vista

Are you sure it's power supply is plugged in and is turned on?
"lovehunter" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:b2a2811b47162aa6a58d3a457794c48b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a usb external hard drive (Freecom 80GB). Ever since friday I
have been unable to access this drive. It doesn't show up in my computer
whereas previously it was the J drive. It doesn't show up on the disk
managment thing. In device manager It has USB mass storage device and in
this it has a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark in it. When
you right click and select properties it has an error message which says
'This device cannot start. (Code 10)'. I would appreciate any help in
getting this drive to work again or advice about how I could possibly
get the data off it.

--
lovehunter

.