Re: Vista x64 will not boot with 4GB of RAM

Just because the bios (viewed under a no load condition) states the RAM is usable does NOT mean that the RAM will function when under pressing loads. By raising the voltage on my RAM it became stable and has been such for three years now.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"scmiles" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3c9084c229c17c8760b04bec22769a5f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard Urban;834117 Wrote:
Detected RAM is not necessarily usable RAM. Anyone who is over clocking
their computer will attest to this fact.

And, ASUS motherboards seem to have problems with certain RAM
configurations.

I had to up the voltages on my modules to get it to run stable.

Try what others have said re: bios adjustments - in small steps please.

--

"scmiles" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3619f140339c6a7ffef558cc22a30c3e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >

> > or
> > bios

> > If this were the case the BIOS would not report 4096MB usable.
> Only
> > Vista is complaining not the mobo.
> >

> > --
> > scmiles > >
I will try this tonight, but also let me clarify my post, because I
certianly understand the difference between installed and usaeable
memory.

There are two fields in the BIOS under system information, installed
memory and usable memory, after I enable the memory hole switch and
reboot and go directly back into the BIOS, the usable field changes from
2560MB to 4096MB.

The installed memory has always reported 4096MB

Vista boots successfully only when the usable field in the BIOS reports
2560MB, whenever it is reporting 4096MB it gets to the loading screen
and scrolls along for about 90 seconds the just reboots.

UPDATE: I have also tried disabling SLI mode, and booting into
safemode, and re-installing the nForce4 SLI 16 AMD chipset drivers with
no change in this behavior.

--
scmiles

.