Re: Vista randomly reboots stating a problem with the ethernet adapter

Vladimir wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have a little issue with my system. Sometimes Vista shows bsod, then
reboots and I get a message that it is because of my ethernet adapter.
However, the adapter works fine, the error happens randomly. At least I do
not see a reason why this happens.
My system is up to date, has the newest drivers, I have followed the
possible solutions for the problem that Vista has offered with no luck so
far.
In the event viewer I have found this :Fault bucket 0xD1_Rtlh86+29cc, type
0 All input is welcome, has anyone seen tis before?

Random issues like that are usually caused by failing hardware. If you have
a desktop, try uninstalling the adapter and swapping it out for a
known-working one. NICs are cheap, so this is an easy troubleshooting step.
If you have a laptop, contact the laptop mftr.'s tech support.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: Alternate network connection is NOT working
    ... Or if the router is elderly it may just be ... plugged the Vista machine directly into the modem with ethernet. ... On the laptop, I have tried ... adapter but cannot find out how to start any sort of wizard to do that. ...
  • Re: Help, my battery doesnt recharge any more!!!!!!!!!
    ... i have the AC adapter connected. ... But  although i can use the laptop when ... it is conected, the battery doesnt recharge, and then i have to use my ... Hey capi, this is a Vista forum for Windows Vista - software, you ...
  • RE: screen resolution
    ... I purchased a laptop in January with Vista and until the ... last update (KB937was able to keep the settings between reboots. ... This latest issue is just another issue with Vista. ...
  • LAPTOP AC ADAPTERS
    ... laptop ac adapters ... laptop ac adapter wiring ... test ac laptop power adapter ... ac adapters for dell laptop ...
    (de.rec.sf.misc)
  • Re: Quest VMCL. OK
    ... "Designed for Vista Premium" logo, and also described as "Media Center ... "Media Center Laptops" might all come with built in Hybrid Analogue/Digital ... for a laptop with Media Center functionality. ... No I did not upgrade my sisters laptop with those hardware drivers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)