Re: Vista x64 will not boot with 4GB of RAM

Some motherboard/ram combinations require either higher ram voltage or lower ram speed when running 4 ram modules. Try some adjustments in the bios and see if it helps. You can check the ram ratings for its max specified voltage. If it's higher speed ram, it might well support higher than the default voltage.

"scmiles" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:cddbc1af3820e1779cfce63c2eb4ad35@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon X2 64 3800+
4 x 1GB DDR
nVidia nForce version 4 SLI 16 AMD

BIOS is latest from Asus.

After I enable the memory remap (hole) switch, the BIOS will see 4096MB
of RAM, but windows will never boot. It gets to the scrolling icon
screen for awhile then reboots. Also, safe mode will not boot.

I disable the memory remap and Vista will boot and show 2.5 GB of RAM.

.